Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Dance with me, my love!

If you knew the world would soon end,

And we both would perish,

When this moment is spent,

This jiffy would die and with it,

Our spirits would burn and fly!

Would you care, my love, to dance with me,

When we have time to dance,

To the end of the sky?

Let’s dance, my love,

Before dreams are lost,

And longing is rusted,

In our hearts and eyes,

For the dead dance not,

Nor ashes cry!

Before the lights are out,

And the doors are closed,

Wild hearts are muted,

No more they pine and sigh.

Here! Before the world ends,

Dance with me, my love!

Dance to the end of the sky!

Or would you not clasp your hands,

In mine, nor hold my arms?

Or look into my eyes?

And suppose you don’t…

The world would end!

Our bodies desecrated,

This moment would fly!

Let me see what you see,

And feel what you feel,

Let me put my arms around your form,

Hold you close and feel once warm,

Before our bodies turn cold…

And you bid me goodbye.

Dance with me, my love,

One last dance!

To the end of the sky.


from The Express Tribune Blog http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/29958/dance-with-me-my-love/

No comments:

Post a Comment