With June’s blistering heat around, one longs for things that are cold and refreshing while breaking the fast. This simple and easy to make mango yogurt provides that along with appropriate nutrition.
I always save an extra bowl for Sehri as well. Hope you will try it out.
Unsweetened Yogurt – 500 grams
Sugar – ¼ cup
Mangoes – 3 medium-sized (cubed)
Dates – 8 (pitted and chopped)
Fresh Apricot (Khobani) – 5 to 8 (pitted and chopped)
Almonds – 8 to 10 (coarsely chopped)
1. Add sugar to the yogurt and mix till the sugar dissolves. I prefer less sugar as mangoes are pretty sweet themselves.
2. Puree three-fourth of the mango cubes and save the rest for adding to the yogurt.
3. Add purred mango to sweetened yogurt.
4. Add chopped dates, remaining mango cubes, chopped apricots and almonds to the mixture. Mix well and let it chill in the refrigerator.
5. Before serving, garnish with a few mango cubes and serve cold.
Depending on the availability, I also use cherries, lychees, bananas and peaches for this yogurt.
All photos: Ambreen Malik
This post originally appeared here.
from The Express Tribune Blog http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/28443/mango-yogurt-mangoes-and-ramazan-a-match-made-in-heaven/